Suggestion for Gaming Laptop.

• Hello there, everyone! I'm from SA-MP Community looking forward to upgrade myself to GTA V and GT-MP. I need to purchase a gaming laptop which can run GTA V on high and churn out good FPS (atleast 60) and obviously should not leave a hole in my pocket. (Read: Budget Friendly.) I've cut down my searching to Asus ROG Series.

Preciesely, this one. -

https://www.asus.com/in/Laptops/ROG-GL553VD/

This laptop will set me back by about 1400$

I can push my budget to about 1500$ too.

I'd also like to occasionally play PUBG or CS:GO.

If you've had bad experience with Asus ROG's please tell about your issues too!

• No experience from the ASUS laptops, however I've used a few of their motherboards in my stationary PC's and I'm not overly impressed by them.
    Laptops are generally no good for gaming, especially not when talking about demanding games such as GTA V.

However, the one you got here would probably handle GTA V in 1080p with most settings at medium/high at around 50-60fps

Also just wanted to say that I bought a gaming laptop by the brand "Leonovo" for my girlfriend 6 months ago, totally useless, costed me around $1400 with employe discount. So.. yeah, stay away from that..

• Ah I get it so I should not go for Lenovo :) Thanks.

I prefer gaming laptops because they're portable, I might have to relocate myself for University.

• Ah I get it so I should not go for Lenovo :) Thanks.

I prefer gaming laptops because they're portable, I might have to relocate myself for University.

Lenovo have nice products. My brother got a gaming laptop with an i3 and a 700 series gtx card about 3 or 4 years ago and is still up and running. Can't handle modern gaming oc, but he still uses it.

My advice would be to not get Asus though. Very bad experience with them.Had an Asus laptop myself untill serveral months ago and has run good for about 9 months when my hard drive failed. I sent it to the service but after 2 or 3 months the hdd failed again. Sent it back again and after a month it fails AGAIN. I sent him AGAIN and it didn't last even 2 days straight because guess what, the hdd failed again xD. Fortunatley I could return it for obvious reasons and got all my money back. Now I have a ryzen 3 1200 oc @ 3.7, 8gb @2933, gtx 1050ti and boi o boi. Gta 5 runs smooth at 50-60 fps on very high 1080p, even more at night, idk why and temperatures are below 60 for now, idk how it will be in the summer but I don't think I will go over 75c something I can't say about my laptop that was 80c+ even on winter.

Now, I know that you might relocate but I would still go with a pc. You could make an ITX build to be more portable. It's not like you will relocate every month.

• Hm, I'm not relocating at all for University anymore. Therefore, I've decided to build a Desktop.

I think I might go for the combination of Ryzen 5 1500x and GTX 1050Ti, What do you think STRADI

• First off what's your budget? the GTX 1050 and GTX 1050 TI are low mid range mainstream cards... so those WON'T play all the current games, and older games like GTA V in high details (Ultra details with AA is a NO NO) I would highly recommend a laptop with a least a GTX 1060 3GB...

But keep in mind ALL NVIDIA BASED LAPTOPS HAVE ISSUES WITH FREEZING THANKS TO MICROSOFT, and unfortunately they still haven't fixed the issues in almost a hole year! Check this Microsoft support thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/…b1-4211-8e37-4c136608865e

Laptop Graphics Performance(Performance rated from best to worst), Prices comparison

1: GTX 1080 ~28450 3DMark Performance ~1900+

2: GTX 1070 ~22400 3DMark Performance ~$1500

3: RX 580 ~17600 3DMark Performance ~$1200**

4: GTX 1060 ~14700 3DMark Performance ~$1400

5: GTX 1050 TI ~9700 3DMark Performance ~$900

7: GTX 1050 ~ 7700 3DMark Performance ~$800

8: RX 560 ~7600 3DMark Performance ~$700

IF you can afford a laptop with a GTX 1060, I WOULD HIGHLY recommend a laptop WITH the RX 580 instead, the laptop will be cheaper, graphics will be faster and not to mention 8GB of GDDR5 which will come in handy when playing in high resolutions like 4k, here's my score:

UDVB9rM.png 

If you got the money, Intel beats AMD in the long run..

You are wrong I can build an AMD System for 1/3 of the price, and performance NOW is almost identical to the Intel/nVidia counterparts, so Price/Performance, AMD wins easily. I own an HP OMEN 17 laptop with an RX 580 and an i7-7700HQ, my brother in the other hand owns an ASUS laptop with the Ryzen 7 and the RX 580.... and his laptop blows mine away in performance thanks to the 16 threaded CPU, best part is, he paid $1300.

NOTE: NOT an AMD Fan...

• I always avoid AMD because their drivers are really shit and very often the cards have weird bugs.

I agree, nVidia is constantly releasing driver updates, something that to be honest I'm going to miss..... AMD in the other hand.. They don't even have proper drivers for my RX580, but don't get me wrong the desktop driver version works great, although for some reason it breaks my FreeSync.... AMD's response, wait a few days for "Adrenalin Edition" nice AMD very nice...

• You are wrong I can build an AMD System for 1/3 of the price, and performance NOW is almost identical to the Intel/nVidia counterparts, so Price/Performance, AMD wins easily. I own an HP OMEN 17 laptop with an RX 580 and an i7-7700HQ, my brother in the other hand owns an ASUS laptop with the Ryzen 7 and the RX 580.... and his laptop blows mine away in performance thanks to the 16 threaded CPU, best part is, he paid $1300.

NOTE: NOT an AMD Fan...

I just meant CPU wise, Intel will last longer/keep up longer than AMD it will probably kick ass.. for about 3 months..

I'm still running on a i5 4690K since like.. forever.. And it's now, about 5-6 weeks ago I actually noticed that it's time to upgrade it, from out of nowhere I wasn't able to run GTA V or any other game for that matter, maxed out... CPU usage, 99.9%

But I sure did get my Moneys worth, bought it for about $200 maybe 4 years ago.. (Was "old" already at that time)

So yeah, fuk AMD cpus, but long live AMD Sapphire GPU <3

• Sorry for an extremely late reply. I was a little busy. I was in a position that I couldn't go for a Desktop therefore I had my dad purchase me a Dell Gaming Laptop from USA ( He was there, cause Business.), and it almost set him back for 50% of what it would cost in India. (Christmas Sale!) He came back to India in early February and I've been quite happy with the performance given for the price of it. (Intel i5 7th gen + GTX 1050Ti for 700$)

So far the laptop has been performing brilliant. I have been playing CS:GO (max) and GTA V (very high). The laptop heats a little while playing GTA:Online at 'very high'. Theres no lag but just for the sake of temperature I'd recommend to tone down settings a bit. Anyway, I can vouch for dell products because so far I'm having extremely positive experience.

Cheers.